Sunday, March 6, 2022

The Corona Chronicles - Well

I seem to have missed a year... or so. My bad.

So, what all's happened in the wild and often-later-deleted life of the Wastelnd's finest trashman? 

Well... I've moved, I've panicked, I've ghosted, I've stood, I've smiled, I've loved, and I've unfortunately done just about everything one might expect to have happened during a long period of unexplained absence. That's right down to getting my first tattoo - what can I say! I've grown attached to the lovely little numbers of seven and one; coincidentally, also the name of my start-up production company. What are the odds?

But, enough about that; there's a very good reason these events have gone unmentioned, and it's simply because I didn't feel much of it was worth dwelling on - let alone archiving and displaying along my dusty, toy review laden little corner of the internet. That's the past, this is now... though, the difference is a bit debatable, as the years continue to more or less bleed into one another.

Crystal River Mall
As such, the virus continues on...  hobbling forth like a trendy haircut, refusing to truly disappear, yet certainly all but gone from everyone's minds. 

Speaking of which, that's another accomplishment crossed off my "dissappearance duties" list; I caught a terrifying disease! That's right; I'm a warrior, baby. I took the punches, I took the two weeks off, and I came back standing. Complete with multiple hours of Marvel and Hammer binge-watching. For what it's worth, there wasn't much in terms of discomfort; it was basically an exaggerated cold, with lots of pressure and discomfort in my chest and legs. Hate to say it, but I've had worse. 

In brighter news, though, my friends and I have begun work on some very exciting animation and illustration projects; not the least of which includes my pilot, which has evolved and morphed into a pulsating wildebeest the likes of which you've probably seen before. Long story short, I've decided to dip into the neon pools of experimental filmmaking; finally putting those few college years to use as I translate the completed pilot script into something a bit more cerebral. I've included a teaser trailer below... 



In day-to-day life, between animation tests and concept sketches, I've been making many small, but important changes. I've cut back on smoking, which is quickly improving my mental health. I've also decided to focus more on self-confidence, holding my ground and valuing my own importance. Wild, huh? I've learned to put myself first, without putting others second; though, as it goes, I've also had to unfortunately trash all sorts of uncool, Cosby-sweater wearing worms of "friends". But, what can you do. I see it as nothing but positive, if not a bit emotionally troubling for a few sleepless nights or so. It tends to come with the territory, deserved or not - though, it's become less disheartening each time. In the blessed and paraphrased words of Mother Fucker DOOM, I'm very choosey on what I choose to let crew see.

In relation to that, I've taken the initiative to find (yet another) brand-new job. How exciting! But, here's the catch; thanks to the virus, gigs are finally being forced to pay a respectable wage! If that ain't proof things happen for a reason, I don't know what is. 

That's how things go, don't they? It may not seem fun at first - it may even seem to be a big waste of time - but, one way or another, things come around. Whether you notice it or not, all paths have a destination. Or, something like that. 

The remains of yet another K-Mart

Look at me, back to writing my sweet little endings. Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment