Thursday, September 15, 2022

Placebo

I wrote a post earlier this year about my fourth of July misadventures, but I accidentally forgot to actually post it anytime close to the holiday. Bit late now - it feels weird proofreading something written in present tense months ago - so here's the cute little banner I put together for the page. I really like it. It's all the cool fireworks I saw that night, bunched together in one image.

I put a lot of work this year - albeit over a super short amount of crunch time - into a little thing that'll see the light of day sooner or later. Probably of my own volition, though for the sake of the post, I'll mention it was an element of else's project. Why the uncertainty? Well, the project more or less stumbled directly into the doo-doo dumpster, after being specifically warned to avoid doo-doo dumpster stumbling. It's hard to find a better descriptor than that. 

I'm glad with what I and my fellow artists accomplished, but despite all this well wishing, we're done with this escapade. We made a whole lot (some of which I've already repurposed), even outside of the piece I'm specifically referencing, and I personally learned a fair bit in the process - for better, or for worse. Not that I'm exactly complaining, because I'll survive, but we didn't even get paid at the end of the day. You hate to step back, watch the dust settle and realize something like that. Unforch, we've all been there.

I don't especially want to get into the specifics, least not until the iron's cooled down, because you never know. No need to jump the gun, purely out of respect. Perhaps they'll bounce back from the self-inflicted backlash, perhaps it was all a bit better off forgotten. Either way, just another little jot in the turmoil that is being an eternally addicted artist. 

A Self Portrait 

I spent about six hours on a Cartoon Mouse Animation tonight. Isn't that sad!

What's compelled me to spew this vile vomit onto the holy scrolls of Wastelnd? Well, I figure it's worth documenting. It's been knocking at my skull, begging to be set out, for months - pretty much since I had the first inclination things were about to go sour. Probably will 'til I feel comfortable sharing the piece with it's audience. Maybe in a billion years, someone will connect two-and-two, make a little insight, and uncover the the terror and turmoil that was 71's early days.

Has anything changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment