Thursday, July 30, 2026

Foamy

Roads, roads, roads...

Pixels, Pillars and Pigs. It's buzzing - a shot for not one, but two projects. Neat!

We're currently working on vehicular animations, which - vigilant readers shall, of course, remember - we recently experimented with on the Fairy Dust sequence. That's what we do best, here at 71 - experimentation.

Assistant production accountant "Sammy Central" and I
getting Experimental... On Tha Grill

Unfortunately, and, unsurprisingly, we've faced the usual onslaught of delays; not only due to the constant madness emitting from the restrooms - which I have delegated the shot's full animation team to handling, due to the janitorial staff's recent mysterious deaths - but also, thanks to it's director Putzing About, rather than Directing - let alone, Plunging. See right... another example of experimentation... In Wasting Time.

Meanwhile, I've been a bit sick. Weird-y. Out of rest, but, y'know, chill. As such, I took the time to kick back, relax, and indulge with some nice, old-skool, physical drawing! Pen and paper. Simple as - and, especially, just for fun. I get pretty caught up in the hellworld of MidLife production, so every once in a while, I make it a point to just naturally and openly enjoy the whole art hobby. 

As such I drew Creepypasta characters. That is, The Backrooms' Still Life. Surprisingly great flick. I definitely didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I have. I mean, who would've? 

A Still Life Family Portrait

Besides the masterpiece known as "GOAT", of course, Backrooms comes close to my favorite new film of the year; that is, next to an as-of-yet unreleased documentary a colleaguhoe and I have been lucky enough to screen a few early cuts of. A joyous, creative retrospective starring a prolific - if not crazy underappreciated - house legend. I'm talking, a real charmer. Certainly a familiar name to anyone cool. 

Oh, but I've said too much already...

No comments:

Post a Comment